Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit height of page

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's strictly about design:

does anybody know if WebDynpro really has a flaw, where we can't limit the height of a view, in order to avoid it exceeding the screen size?

I have many text cells, in a grid, but they don't flow horizontally, they flow down.

I think I have already tried everything in the configuration of the Containers, changing the types (Matrix, Grid, etc.) and all the properties.

The page ALWAYS exceed the bottom, instead of stretching more horizontally.

I would be grateful if somebody could give me a hint!

Thanks!

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fabio,

Probably you didn't try all layout options.

Say, you have 50 fields. If you place all of them in one column (RowLayout or MatrixLayout with every cell as RowHead/MatrixHead-Data) then you get vertical scrolling.

But if you use matrix with 5 columns and 10 rows you get no scrolling (just combine MatrixHeadData and MatrixData correspondingly -- row starts with MatrixHeadData, all rest cells in row must have MatrixData).

In extreme case you may create matrix with one row and 50 columns, so you get horizontal scrolling instead of vertical. Just kidding.

Try to describe better what type of controls are you using and what layout/layout data you set.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Fine, Valery..

There seem to be a solution!

Lets try.. I have 10 columns and 8 rows. It's not gonna change, ok. Now I'm using GridLayout. But the main problem seems to be the text in each cell. These texts are breaking much often, but I can't set the "wrapping" property to false, because the text would become a single line. As they are breaking much often, it's stretching the Grid Container vertically, much more than horizontally. Otherwise, it would fit easily on the screen.

I'm trying the Matrix layout now.

Further help would be very welcome!

Thank you, Valery!

Regards

Message was edited by:

Fabio Bellocchio

Answers (0)