cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule Adapter to Pickup File on external FTP Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any solution is very much appreciated for the following Problem.

My Scenarios are File to XI to FIle

My problem is XI is picking up file on FTP Server while file is being written by Webservice ( This Webservice can not write .tmp file or movie file from one directory to another. So these options are ruled out )

These are proposed steps:

1. Job Scheduler creates Dummy File on XI File System

2. XI Picks up File on XI File System and Invokes External Webservice and receives Response that a File "MadFile" has been written to external FTP Server.

3. After XI receives response from webservice, XI should get "MadFile" from FTP Server

How Can I implement step 3 above.

( Please do not suggest executing scripts as the the application where webservice running do not want to write it )

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use, the option of availability time for the File adapter in the latest SPS19 in XI 3.0 or SPS10 in PI 7.0

for more-

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

rgds,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can run a shell script on the server where the webservice is writing the file and place it on the XI server and then you can use NFS and use the option of millisecond

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate all your help. But the Webservice application folks dont want to run a script as I told earlier in this link. They want everything done by XI. ( They dont want to execute any script. They dont want to write file as .tmp and rename it to .csv after done writing. They dont want to move the file to another folder after they write file etc..)

Any more ideas ?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ST,

At times one has to take a stand and using a BPM like this is actually complicating things. Using the script option is the best solution!

Menahwile, even BPM solution doesn't make sense to me as like you correctly told, your Second Receive Step can poll over the file and pick up the temporary file! Even if you can handle this using Adapter Scheduling, you would need Correlation and I am pretty sure that as you are using a dummy file, this also cannot be achieved!

Would suggest that another option would be to ask the webservice to send a call directly to XI after writing the file. The moment XI receives the Webservice request, XI can invoke a java proxy to collect the file ( polling using File adapter is not going to help ) and then pass this file to the integration engien and so on.

Even my solution is not a very good one, but, if nothing works out, it is something atleast. But, I would ask you to push for the tmp folder plus script.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Moorthy suggested, I was waiting for that feature for quite some time. We are on PI7.0 (SP9) which is XI3.0(SP18). We will be having discussion with our basis team to apply SP10. I'm sure lot of folks are waiting for this feature.

Thanks again for al lyour suggestions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be that in your case is enough to use the specific parameter in the file adapter sender:

<i>Advanced Mode

To specify additional parameters in the adapter configuration, set the Advanced Mode indicator.

<b>Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check</b>

Enter the number of milliseconds that the adapter must wait before it checks whether the files have been changed.</i>

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thanks for reply.

This option will not work for FTP Adapter. If it is NFS File system It will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can be done using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain ? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create one receive step to receive the dummy file

create one synchronous send step to send and receive the web response

Place 2nd receive step, after this send step to pickup the actual file.

In this way the Actual file will only be picked up when send step is received the response back.

Regards

Bipin Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>> Create one receive step to receive the dummy file

> create one synchronous send step to send and receive

> the web response

> <b>Place 2nd receive step, after this send step to

> pickup the actual file.</b>

> In this way the Actual file will only be picked up

> when send step is received the response back.</i>

Thank you but you are scheduling Sender File adapter during 2nd Receive step. File will be polled as usual and come into Integration engine and will wait until BPM start. IN other words you still will be receving the partial file as you are scheduling Sender file adapter to poll actual file.

Any more ideas ?