Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am currently trying to install mySAP 2005 IDES on the following:

-> Windows Server 2003

-> MaxDB 7.6

-> 4GB RAM

-> 500 GB Hard Drive

I am finding that during the Import ABAP phase I reach 70 of the 72 and then it seems to hang. I have checked the import log and it is not moving forward at all.

Has anyone else experienced this and resolved it? I thought that maybe the number of database volumes was insufficient and have extended the number from the normal 14 (@13.2 GB each) to 21.

Regards,

Nicholas Wilson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similiar Problem. I install SAP ERP 2005 SR2 IDES on Windows Server 2003 x64 R2 SP2 with MaxDB 7.6.03.09. The server is an vmware which is running on a Vmware ESX Server. The installed java version is j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64.

I have choosed a Distributed Installation. At the phase "Import ABAP", the installation hangs. There is no processor usage and no lofiles changend in sapinst_dir.

Any idea?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

The Import ABAP phase has now completed. Thank you for your attention.

For others reading this thread, the Import ABAP phase takes a very long time (in my case it was the SAPAPPL1_10 import package which took the longest). It may be worth installing on a RAID configuration which will reduce the bottleneck.

I will close this thread.

Regards,

Nicholas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Thank you for your reply. I will wait and see what happens - it is definately doing something but it is doing it very slowly.

Would you be able to send me a copy of your SAPAPPL1_10.log file? With this I can see how far along this import is and how long I have to go until it is finished.

Regards,

Nicholas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson

Hope your problem is solved.I cannot send you the logs as i am presently out of my office.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit & Rajat

I looked this morning, and although SAPInst is still processing the 71st import, it has moved forward. I see in the log file for SAPAPPL1_10 that it has create more tables in the meantime. It just seems to be taking very long. The first 70 imports went through in a period of about 10 hours. The 71st import has been running now for about 30 hours alone.

Regards,

Nicholas Wilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

ABAP imports takes usually very long time.But if you feel like something is wrong let me know.I think the import should go through fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson

Usually during the ABAP import step.The maxdb is swithched to admin mode by itself.You just have to bring it in online mode after ABAP import step.

Continue the installation after doing above steps.Revert back in case of any issue.

Award with suitable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

If you selected Unicode ECC6.0, this might be problem in IDES.

Is it possible to send the log related to that phase.

Br,

Amit