cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Export from table view to Excel (not BI query)?

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a 'How to' document explaining how to export from an iView using a BI query:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/47fe4fef-0d01-0010-6f87-ed8...

However:

This 'How-To' document is using an example of a BEx query. I am not using a BEx query, therefore I do not have an "Info port". How can I download to Excel from a table view that is not an iView of a BI query? (It is just a internal table coming from a BAPI).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use the BI stuff, because the export functionality that was used in this example comes from BI. Unfortunately, there is no generic "download to excel" with Visual Composer itself.

But perhaps there is somebody out there, who shows us how to use other download components in conjunction with VC.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like we have to wait for future SAP functionality. I am closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

keenneth,

i am using the query from SQL server, i am having the same problem of not having info port. so did you find a work around for exporting to excel with filters for non sap queries ?

any body who had come across this situation , plz guide me.

thanks in advance

ravi

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So no one knows how to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above mentioned solutions are currently the only ones supported "out of the box".

Guess you have to either wait for the next release (I cannot say if this one will include that either), or you come up with a different solution (like adding a servlet(?) and using it through a HTMLView passing data to it and opening up Excel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

right click table on storyboard -> create toolbar -> system action -> export data.

Then you can copy the table contents into your clipboard and then paste it into excel.

Only a workaround, but it works with all tables.

Best Regards,

Marcel

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Marcel, the 'How-To' document mentions this, but this is not a good solution for the end users.