cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line in the Processing Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I wanted to archive to different folders (out on an FTP Server) would I be able to write an ABAP program to do this and put the ABAP program name in this Commmand Line field in the Processing Parameters. Someone mentuioned writing shell script to which I am not familiar with. Has anybody done anything like this they can share with me?

Thank-You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,.

If you want to arhive in FTP Server, then you need to have either batch Job to do this or using Shell Script , which can be executed from the commandline from File communication channel.

For shells cript, u need to just write unix commands. I don't think so, it is much difficult to do.

It is not possible to execute the ABAP program from communication channel OS command properties.

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

by default, archiving option in file sender adapter configuration will move the file into one archive directory. But in the command line option you can execute simple bacth file(for windows) or shell script(unix) to copy the same file to multiple folders.

Tom -- It should be simple script like

copy file to dir1

copy file to dir2 etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

If you want to do only archiving the file then you have an option in File Sender communication channel where you should keep the File Processing Mode in Archive option. There you will specify the folder name. So you dont need to write any program for it.

Hope this helps...

---Satish