Shopping Cart Default Settings for G/L Account don't transfer to Item
Before creating shopping cart items Im manually maintaining Default Settings for Items for Cost Assignment for both cost center and G/L account #. When creating items, the default for cost center always transfers; however the G/L account # only transfers if the cart item uses the default product category as configured under the PPOMA_BBP attributes. Shopping carts items that reference a product category other than the default remain blank. The issue is consistent, when changing the product category default with PPOMA_BBP the G/L account # transfer only works for items with the current product category default. We are setting the product category default values in PPOMA_BBP on the highest level of the organizational unit hierarchy. The following options have been looked at.
1. Maintained G/L account # by product category with SPRO Determination of G/L Using Product Categories, which resulted in
a. An item referencing a product category that is configured under Determination of G/L Using Product Categories receives the G/L account # as configured. Exception: If the item references the product category that is set as default under PPOMA_BBP than the shopping cart item receives the default G/L account as set under Default Settings for Items, not the one configured under Determination of G/L Using Product Categories.
b. An item not maintained in Determination of G/L Using Product Categories still doesnt receive the G/L account # default value as set under shopping cart header Default Settings for Items.
2. My understanding is that the G/L account # could also be set in PPOMA_BBP attributes, but I dont see the G/L account # as an option. I only found attributes PM: Proposed G/L Account and Generic Account Assignment (Standalone) but both seem to serve different purposes (we dont use Standalone).
1. Why does the cost center but not the G/L account # transfer to the shopping cart items?
2. How can I get the system to transfer the G/L account # as set in the Default Settings for Items? Have you seen the functionality working? Is there any additional configuration needed?
3. Is maintaining all product categories under SPRO Determination of G/L Using Product Categories the only way to get the G/L account # defaulted into the item? In that case I would have to maintain all product categories since the shopping cart header default still doesnt populate.
4. If I have to maintain all product categories under SPRO Determination of G/L Using Product Categories, what is the purpose of having the G/L account # as part of the shopping cart header Default Settings for Items?
5. Is it possible to maintain the G/L account # in PPOMA_BBP attributes and does it help solving my issue?