Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Shopping Cart Default Settings for G/L Account don't transfer to Item

Before creating shopping cart items I’m manually maintaining “Default Settings for Items” for Cost Assignment for both cost center and G/L account #. When creating items, the default for cost center always transfers; however the G/L account # only transfers if the cart item uses the default product category as configured under the PPOMA_BBP attributes. Shopping carts items that reference a product category other than the default remain blank. The issue is consistent, when changing the product category default with PPOMA_BBP the G/L account # transfer only works for items with the current product category default. We are setting the product category default values in PPOMA_BBP on the highest level of the organizational unit hierarchy. The following options have been looked at.

1. Maintained G/L account # by product category with SPRO “Determination of G/L Using Product Categories”, which resulted in

a. An item referencing a product category that is configured under “Determination of G/L Using Product Categories” receives the G/L account # as configured. Exception: If the item references the product category that is set as default under PPOMA_BBP than the shopping cart item receives the default G/L account as set under “Default Settings for Items”, not the one configured under “Determination of G/L Using Product Categories”.

b. An item not maintained in “Determination of G/L Using Product Categories” still doesn’t receive the G/L account # default value as set under shopping cart header “Default Settings for Items”.

2. My understanding is that the G/L account # could also be set in PPOMA_BBP attributes, but I don’t see the G/L account # as an option. I only found attributes “PM: Proposed G/L Account” and “Generic Account Assignment (Standalone)” but both seem to serve different purposes (we don’t use Standalone).

Questions:

1. Why does the cost center but not the G/L account # transfer to the shopping cart items?

2. How can I get the system to transfer the G/L account # as set in the “Default Settings for Items”? Have you seen the functionality working? Is there any additional configuration needed?

3. Is maintaining all product categories under SPRO “Determination of G/L Using Product Categories” the only way to get the G/L account # defaulted into the item? In that case I would have to maintain all product categories since the shopping cart header default still doesn’t populate.

4. If I have to maintain all product categories under SPRO “Determination of G/L Using Product Categories”, what is the purpose of having the G/L account # as part of the shopping cart header “Default Settings for Items?

5. Is it possible to maintain the G/L account # in PPOMA_BBP attributes and does it help solving my issue?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question