cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with a file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm making a scenario using XI 3.0. I use a file adapter (with an inbound synchronous interface) to send a xml file to XI. XI consumes a function from CRM using a RFC adapter and an outbound synchronous interface.

The xml file arrives correctly to CRM. The problem is CRM doesn't return the BAPI result, so XI doesn't return any response. XI should return another xml file through another file adapter.

How can I make this scenario to send a xml file using a file adapter and receive another xml file using the same adapter type after consuming the BAPI?

Thanks in advance,

Samantha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you set "Best Effort" as qualiy of service in the sender file adapter ?

Regards,

Sandro

samantha_nez
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandro,

I setted "Best Effort" as quality of service and it works in the monitoring, but the xml file isn't in the specified target directory and I don't know why it is. Is it a configuration problem?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use BPM for this

1) file sender adapter -- receives the file

2) synchronous BAPI call to CRM

3) create a file and call file receiver adapter to generate a new file

--Archana

samantha_nez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the idea, but I need to make this scenario without using BPM. However, I'll be grateful if you say to me some blog where I can read about this.

Thanks,

Samantha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to use BPM, if you want response back from CRM and create some file based on it all during the same transaction.

another way is create some kind of trigger on CRM side, whenever that BAPI executes and creates some data in CRM, that trigger should send the data to XI as separate interface through RFC or IDOC.

--Archana