Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue stopped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a xml to file scenario.

In sxmb_moni, Queue status :Queue stopped.

How to start the queue ?

Thanks,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in sxmb_moni, click on the Queue entry in the line of the message. Usually the queue will be opened. Here you can unlock the queue with one of the buttoms at the top.

If it doesn't work, remember the name of the queue and use smq1/smq2.

Regards,

Torsten

Message was edited by:

Torsten Engel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to XI, could you please clarify the below ?

How should I get queue name for smq1 and smq2

smq1: queue name, QDEST, Waiting queues only

smq2: QNAQME

Torsten Engel,

-

> in sxmb_moni, click on the Queue entry in the line of the message.

Could you please clarify it ? In SXMB_MONI in the line of the message I have Queue ID and Q.status

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to see the queue names and their use go to SXMB_ADM. In Integration Engine --> Administration --> Double click on Manage Queues.

There you can see all the queues and their use.

Hope this helps...

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

TC :SXMB_ADM. In Integration Engine --> Administration --> Double click on Manage Queues.

I have activated queues and done the registration. In qRFC the Scheduler status was INACTIV so I activated the Scheduler status as well, now the Scheduler status is starting..

Is that is correct ? How can I make the Scheduler status ACTIV ?

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

in sxmb_moni, the is a column "Queue-ID". Klick on the entry in that line and the queue will be opened.

The Entry in coulmn "Queue-ID" is also the name of your queue. In smq1 oder smq2 (the other way), you usually need not to make inputs. Just execute smq2 or smq1 and once again execute with the standard paramters. You will see then all queues. If you want to identify now "your" queue, you need the Queue-ID-entry. Now double klick on "your" Queue.

When you can see your queue unlock the queue. If it still doesn't work, try to unlock all queues which contain currently messages.

Regards,

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram -

INACTIV status is fine when nothing is being processed - misleading but normal.

In general, there are a variety of reasons why a queue could get stopped. You can deal with it in a number of ways as already mentioned in this thread. Here's my two cents:

From SXMB_MONI, find the Queue ID of the particular message you want to look at and link into it. This takes you directly into the queue in the qRFC monitor that holds your message. Drill into the queue (maybe twice) and you'll see one or more entries. The top message should have the error status and because of this errored message, the queue is stopped/blocked for the other messages. You can either:

1. <i>Attempt a restart of the message</i>: Double-click on the StatusText (where it's red). This should take you back to SXMB_MONI for the problem message. There's a Restart button there. Once you click on it, refresh the page. Could be that the problem still exists.

2. <i>Cancel the message</i>: Next to the Restart is a Cancel button. Once cancelled the queue should start processing the next message. You can check your queue to see if the messages that were being held up are "flowing" now. If the next message gets stopped, you either have a specific interface problem that is repeated again or a more system wide problem (e.g. the mapping runtime is down).

3. <i>Move the problem entry out of the way</i>: Perhaps you don't want to cancel the message yet, but you need the messages behind it to process. The problem queue entry (LUW) can be temporarily saved and restarted at a later point in time from your qRFC Monitor screen (directly via SMQ2) .

- To save the LUW, mark the entry and use Edit -> Save LUW.

- To restart it later, call transaction SMQ3, mark the entry and use Edit -> Restore LUW.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Torsten Engel

Ram

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if I understand your question right but usually you can restart a queue from SMQ2.

Go to SMQ2 and see what queues are there. Mark all the queues and double click on one of them. Now you see all queues which currently have messages. All queues with an error will have a status shown in red.

Doubleclick on the queue and check the first entry. What is the status text saying???

In most cases (if no program error) you can restart the queue by pressing F6, or click on "Execute LUW"

If that does not help I need more information about your queue status.

Regards

Cornelius

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need not bother about scheduler status it doesnot has any relation to your problem.

You have to check your queues and try to re-start the messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

unanswered

Former Member
0 Kudos

it could be because some message in the queue got errored out.

delete/restart that message from queue using smq1/smq2 transactions.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this weblog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Also check your smq1 and smq2 status. If anything is stopped double click on it and see whether you have any issue.

---Satish