cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS .jar files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on XI interfaces implementation. As part of our project, we have to implement JMS to receive messages from an external server.

What are the .jar files that need to be deployed in XI to enable JMS communication?

Where can we find these .jar files? and Is there any documentation explaining a sample JMS communication scenario in XI?

Thank you,

Regards,

Balaji.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends which JMS you want to use .

Refer this PDF

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-9644e49f...

to check the example and the procedure to deploy the Jar file

Regards

Bipin Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the different JMS i can use? and if you can tell me where i can download these .jar files from? the operating system we are working on is HP UX B.11.23 U ia64.

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use JMS from Tibco, MQ JMS ,SONIC JAM .You can also use any customised JNDI supported JMS. These JMS comes with their own respective jar files which you can make use of. check www.sun.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji -

As far as JMS providers are concerned, WebSphereMQ, Sonic MQ, and SAP JMS are well supported by SAP. Outside of these, the current official stance is that the JMS provider must be compatible with the JMS 1.02b or 1.1 specification.

Part of the problem is that there are a large number of 3rd party JMS providers out there from different vendors (with different versions) and it is unreasonable/unmanagable to maintain support for all of them, especially if providers deviate or do not comply to the specifications. Even so I know of customers who have successfully implemented JMS integration with other major JMS providers like Tibco and BEA. But I know of another case, for example, where SSL connectivity was required for Tibco integration and it was not supportable (at that time at least).

Depending on the JMS provider being used, you may run into varying degrees of issues during integration and, unfortunately, varying degrees of support SAP can provide. So if you have the option, stick with the well supported JMS providers I listed initially. If the JMS provider in your landscape is not one of these, I'd recommend creating a SAP customer message to find out whether your particular JMS provider can be supported before going forward with it in your interface design.

BTW, the guide <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-9644e49f1a10">How to Install and Configure External Drivers for JDBC & JMS</a> gives you the specifics on how to deploy the JMS drivers.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

Thanks for the information. I am trying to download the jms.jar from http://java.sun.com/products/jms/docs.html .

Would this meet the JMS requirements or can you specify some .jar file name that i can download.

Thank you again,

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

balaji,

you can get sonicMQ trial version. Just download that and install it. It will have JMS jar files. add those jar files to the sda file which i mentioned in my previous reply.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji -

Which vendor's JMS provider do you plan to integrate with in your landscape? Each vendor will have its own set of JMS drivers. For example, if it's IBM's WebSphereMQ, you would need to get the JMS drivers from IBM for WebSphereMQ.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

We are working on XI 7.0(on HP-UX) to integrate a web based system. the web based server would be sending data to a HTTP adapter from where we have an interface which reads off the HTTP and based on transcation type would en-queue into a JMS.

This is our scenario.

which JMS would be most appropriate for this?

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji -

<i>>>>which JMS would be most appropriate for this?</i>

This is a somewhat of a strange question. Normally, the JMS provider you have in your landscape dictates which JMS provider to use and your JMS integration requirements. It almost sounds like you can pick and choose which one you're going to use.

In any case, from what I've seen, WebSphereMQ is commonly used in JMS scenarios with XI (and well supported by SAP). But again, so are Sonic MQ and SAP JMS. Which one is the most <i>appropriate</i> is determined by your requirements (and budget).

Regards,

Jin

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Balaji,

Adding to the discussion here, we have also been successful in Intergration XI with SeeBeyond using XI's JMS adapter and a SeeBeyond ICAN JMS Queue.

Ofcourse it involved a lot of Discsussions with SAP and an OSS with SAP on this issue which took months to resolve, but we were successful in the same.

But, using the JMS services listed by Jin would be a better way to do this!

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use any JMS server like webSpehereMQ, SonicMQ etc etc.

you need to deploy the file JMS drivers first using SDM(software deployment manager). you need to put the jar files in aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda file and modify the provider.xml file in that sda to put the names of JMS jar files and deploy it usign SDM.

There jar files you'll get from the JMS server vendor. i mean if you webSpehereMQ , you'll get jar files from it(IBM) when u install. similarly if u use sonicMQ, you'll get jar files with it.

--Archana