cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI - File to File - UNIX system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our XI is running on an UNIX system. I have created a File to File Scenario. I wanted to create two folders within the XI system, namely, Source and Target so that I will point the sender file adapter to this source folder to pick the file and point the target file adapter to place the output file in the target folder. As I am working remotely using a VPN connection, how do I create folders in the unix system.

Please explain a more user friendly solution to achieve this. Thanks.

Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

http://www.google.pl/search?hl=pl&q=unixcommands&lr=

and search for directory creation inside those links

Regards,

michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balakrishnan,

First you take the payload from mapping test tool and run your scenario from the Integration Engine directly as given in the weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible

Before you run make sure that in the receiver comm. channel specify the sender folder name <b>and check the check box Create Directory</b> so that it will create the source folder for you.

Then second time you run your scenario directly from the source folder what you have created above. Try out this should work.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Try telnet access on the unix server and create folders.

Please make sure of read and write permissions on these folders.

Regards

Bipin Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

a solution I did in a similar scenario, was to develop a program in ABAP in XI, and from the program I invoked unix native commands, so you can create the folder.

I hope this help you.

Eduardo.