cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Error on 2004s On Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just installed the 2004s test drive on Linux (SuSE 10.1 and AMD-64). I run the "saplicense -get" command, paste the returned value into SAP's web page. Upon receipt of the email with the attached license, I install it as root.

However, I get an error message as shown below. Is there something else I need to do? I don't make any changes to the system between the time I run "saplicense -get", and install the license, so I don't understand what hardware could have changed during that time.

I also completely deleted and re-installed the entire installation, but that didn't help.

Thanks for any help.

[code]

$root rpm -Uvh saplicense_maxdb_N4S_7.00_20070303.noarch*.rpm

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]

this license is not valid for your hardware

(probably your hardware key changed after license request)

error: %pre(saplicense-maxdb-7.00-20070303.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping saplicense-maxdb-7.00-20070303

[/code]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

saplicense -get will get you the harware key.Request saplicense using that harware key and install it using saplicense -install . You can also do this using transaction slicense. I assume you have ABAP installation

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. As I understand it, there are two ways to do it. One is to use the install it as you describe, the second is to use the Linux "rpm" command to load the rpm file that SAP sends you.

I've done it both ways and neither work.

Has anyone else gotten the 2004s preview to run on Linux?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying now, but I have not even got the GUI to connect. The instance appears to start OK, but connection refused.