cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Handling in BPMs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess this topic was already discussed here, but I couldn't find any sufficient answer to my problem.

I have a simple asynchronous send-step in my BPM. I'd like the BPM to move into an exception branch if the send step fails due to a sending error (e.g. the target url is not correct). But unfortunately in case of such a sending error the BPM ignores the exception branch and continues the normal path. I have no Idea why it does not work properly.

Thx for ideas in advance.

Regards.

Oliver.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you specify the use of exception in your send step?

or did you only define it in the block step?

have a look at this example:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/4a773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are certain conditions where the exception is raised and not raised the details are provided in the link send by Michal.

If the prime motive here is to raise an alert then you can raise Exception in the BPM and also create Alert Rules. In this case if the error happens in the adapter enging which is not captured by the BPM it will be captured by the Alert Rules defined.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx so far.

The alert solution I cannot use for this problem.

My scenario looks like this:

IDOC -> XI BPM

Within the BPM now the check of the send step:

Case <b>correct</b>: an RFC writes a status (41) into the idoc (e.g. Sendig successfull)

Case <b>incorrect</b>: an RFC writes a status (40) into the idoc (e.g. Sendig failed)

Any idea how to handle this problem?

Regards.

Oliver.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a problem becuase the error is occuring in the Adapter Engine. The Exception Handler will be triggered only if there is an error in the Integration Engine. As far as the BPM goes, the message has been passed to the Adapter Engine and so its task is done.

You can request for Acknowedgmeents ( if the Adapter supports the same) or you can use XI's Alerting Framework to handle such scenarios.

Regards

Bhavesh