cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web DynPro ESS screens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have SAP R/3 backend and we are trying to implement the ESS at the client's portal. We don't want to use the ITS based BP, so we will consider a web dynpro solution.

We know we can't deploy a recent web dynpro based ESS BP due to older version of the backend we have. We are considering using the ESS screens belonging to a newer version of ESS and building the functions ourselves. By doing this we don't need to do all the work from zero of building custom webdynpro based screens.

Is this solution possible? Do you think it's a good solution?

Thank you.

Ricardo Inácio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Achim Hauck.

Thank you for your answer.

So, you think there's no way I can use the ESS BP web dynpro screens (I only mean the UI) in Netweaver DS and build all the rest? (bapi's, rfc's, etc)

Best regards

Ricardo Inácio

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

the ESS BPs are just an accumulation of roles / worksets / pages & iviews that link to the actual WD-applications.

The applications itself has to be deployed seperately (ESS, MSS, PCUI).

And you can definitively <b>not</b> rewrite the whole correpsonding ABAP-stuff on your own. It's too much....

kr, achim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, thank you Achim.

Best regards,

Ricardo Inácio

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solution Center,

if the backend release is prior to erp2004 your only option is to use the ITS-based version.

Don't even think about deploying the WD-based applications to a current portal and try to rewrite the used RFM / BAPIS / etc. on your own. This kind of re-engineering is in my opinion not possible. there are too many tables, includes, function modules related to that. furthermore, you don't even know all the parameters that are used calling them.

Best thing would be: rewrite your own WD-apps. then you can use maybe the existing RFCs for the ITS-version addtionally to creating your own RFCs.

kr, achim