cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in connecting to liveCache from DBMGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am getting the following error while connecting to liveCache server.

First it throws a popup with "0" on it and then it throws another pop with the following message

Internal Error on page 'Main'

91: Object variable or With block variable not set.

Due to this error I am not able to see/perform some of the operations from DBGUI. Anyone is there to help me out please?

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a bug in the DBM server. The result from a command to the DBM server is not correct.

This behavior is already corrected in MaxDB database version 7.6.00.24. It is not a bug in the DBMGUI program. You should update the MaxDB server software.

See also WebPTS message: http://www.sapdb.org/webpts?wptsdetail=yes&ErrorType=0&ErrorID=1139710

Regards,

Martin.

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which DBMGUI version are you using?

Please check if you've got the newest version of the GUI.

If you've got the newest version, please describe during which action(s) you got this error.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I am using 7.6 (7.6.00.19).

This ERROR occuring while connecting to the liveCache server and When I tried to start/stop/add HotStandby instances.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

before anything else, please upgrade your DBMGUI version to the newest available, which should be 7.6.00 Build 25. You can use note SQL Studio + Database Manager GUI installation <a href="https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=DISPL_TXT&_NNUM=386714 &_NLANG=EN>">386714</a> for this.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roland. I am in the process of upgrading to patch level 28 which i available from 386714. once the upgarde is done I will let you know the result.

Thanks once again!

Regards,

Venkat

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

although the package may be displaying Build 28, the GUI version inside should really be Build 25.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is 25.

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No worries,

the reason is just that when the complete Database 7.6.00 Build 28 was created, the GUI version 7.6.00 Build 25 was still the newest (no additional changes or patches) and therefor this GUI version was packed into an archive which is labelled as Build 28.

Hope that clears that up a bit.

---

If you still experience the issue, please try to create a screenshot and send it to me by email. You can find my emailaddress on my SDN business card.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

With build 25 also the same error occuring again. I am not sure why it is happening. I have mulitiple instances of liveCache server installed on AIX (5.2) system (all are running on virtual host name). I am trying to connect to these instances using DBMGUI which is installed on my Windows XP (sp2) desktop.

This error is occuring with all the instances.

Thanks for your help.

Venkat

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you connect to the different liveCaches using DBMCLI from your Windows machine, i.e. 'dbmcli -n <remote hostname> -d <DBSID> -u <DBM-user>,<pwd> db_state'?

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Here is the output from the dbmcli:

C:\Program Files\SDB\DBM>DBMCli.exe -n saphotaix -d HOT -u control,vcs12345 db_state

OK

State

C:\Program Files\SDB\DBM>DBMCli.exe -n sapcataix -d CAT -u control,vcs12345 db_state

OK

State

C:\Program Files\SDB\DBM>

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

at which exact (incl. Build) liveCache version(s) are your liveCaches HOT and CAT?

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

both are at build level 7.6.00.22.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat