cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble during upgrade to SOlMan 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm doing an upgrade from SolMan 3.2 to SolMan 4.0. The ABAP part went OK without any problems. But when I do the Java Add-in installation I get to the part where it tries to start the Java engine.

As I can see with the processes all are up and running and yes I've tried to restart it manually and it all looks OK. BUT SAPInst are not able to get the status of the machine and only displays:

"ABAP processes of instance PSM/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP: UNKNOWN, Java: UNKNOWN] did not start after 10:00 minutes. Giving up."

All the logs look OK from what I've seen both on the ABAP and JAVA part, it's only in the sapinst.log and sapinst_dev.log that gives me the other error.

I can log on to the ABAP part, but not to the Java part since it's prolly blocked by the firewall...

Anyone got any idea???

I'm on Solaris and DB2 UDB, with SolMan 4.0 SR1 package.

Cheers,

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Jcmon proccess working.

type jcmon pf =<path for insntaceporfile>

check the log of Server0.log or send us this log file.

Best of luck

Br,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

jcmon process is working.

Can't find any strange errors in Server.0.log (I assume you mean under /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<NR>/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/system) except complaints about missing java components and that I can take as the components hasn't been loaded yet.

What I feel most strange about the error is that it can't find the status of the ABAP part either??? Anyone know if the sapinst check the DB or just connection to get the status???

/Mathias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yupp to temp. change hostnamn in all places to the physical name was the trick, then we could follow the guide on how to change hostname to get it to use the virtual hostname.

/Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

I might have found the reason to my problem, not sure yet though.

The reason is that the ABAP part was installed with a virtual servername and it looks like the add-in installation didn't like that. Soo now we have changed the hostname for the ABAP part according to note 8307 and rerun the Java Add-in.

I cross my fingers and hope it works this time...

I did reward you with 2 points as an helpfull answer cause it really got me in the right directions.

BR

Mathias