cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close the popup window dynamically for filedownload ui element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I am using filedownload UI element. when i use this element it opens a new popup window. i need to place a close button . when the close button is fired, the window is to close.

please help me to achieve this.

regards,

naga raju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga...

Where do u want to place the "Close" button ? And which window do u want to close when the user click on that button ?

There is a HTML & javascript way of closing the main window... but I still havent got ur doubt !

regards,

Navneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Navneet,

When i click on filedownload, its opening new popup window. i need to place a close button on that window or close that window progrmatically.

regards,

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When i click on filedownload, its opening new popup

> window. i need to place a close button on that window

> or close that window progrmatically.

Hi Naga

- Implement new WebDypro application with your custom popup window inside. The view of the popup will contain IFrame control + Close button that you need.

- Add input parameter X to the new application. By the input parameter the view will understand how to obtain Url to the resource that you need to open actually by clicking on FileDownload. The Url will then be applied to IFrame control.

- Replace FileDownload with LinkToAction. In event handler of the action create new IE window and set Url for it as Url to the new custom WebDynpro application.

- Pass parameter X as the resource that you need to open by clicking on FileDownload.

BR

Sergei

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

See this thread:

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai suresh,

your link explins how the current window closed auto matically.(close parent window automatically).

is there any chance to cose child window

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

i think its possible. i seen in poratl. in KM folders i just click on the download link for .log file it was also opened a popup and disposed immediately.

how can i achieve this.

regards,

naga raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a browser related pop up and not WD apps.. We cannot handle it WD application.

Regards

Bharathwaj