cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The scenario with my client is that he wants the credit management to work only at accounting document posting level. That is no posting of accounting documents must take place if the credit limit set has been exceeded.

That is he does not want it to check at sales document level, delivery level or goods issue level. They want only open items and open billing documents to be taken into consideration.

kindly suggest if it is possible and if yes how.

deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from the logic that you mention above. it's like you don't want to charge money anymore from someone who owed you.. actually SAP credit management is to make sure our customer can't have too much credit from our company. so if you change the logic, it means SAP standard credit management is useless. as your requirement, I think it's possible from user exit.. but I really not recommend it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement mentioned is not possible in Standard SAP. It is also not recommended through development, as it makes no sense to have credit check after the Sales order cycle is over.

At times we require to say no for some requirement which are not logical or may affect system performance.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say it's too late to check at accounting doc level... you shipped the goods anyway, what is the reason for stopping posting to accounting then ?

If you want to check new orders taking into consideration just invoices... I mean all new orders should not see all other orders, they should check credit limit for invoices only...if that's the case - you can enable user credit check in OVA8 for corresponding credit control/risk category. Then add your code to userexit(custom credit check routine) to check against open invoices only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Logically if the goods issue is over,then there is no point doing credit check because your stock is hit and the goods have reached to the customer.

Why does your client want at account posting level?

Please explain him the criticality of the situation of goods issue.

Regards

Karan