cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout type 'Unknown' is no longer valid Error

Former Member

Hello All,

I have problem while Iam trying to activate the form in form builder, in tcode SFP

it says Layout type 'Unknown' is no longer valid.

This same form was working fine earlier, now I need to do some changes in this

but when I save the form its throwing the error.

Regards,

Manohar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

I solved it myself

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoharisairam,

Could you share your solution?

Thanks in advance!

Noë

Former Member
0 Kudos

You use the layout type to define the runtime environment where the form is used.

The layout type you define must match the script code in the layout. Otherwise runtime errors can occur.

To select a layout type, choose the Properties tab page in Form Builder: Change Form.

Layout Types

Layout Type

Meaning

Unknown layout type

The form has not yet been classified. This is the case if you are creating a new form or editing a form created with an older version of SAP NetWeaver. You still have to classify the form.

Standard layout

Use this layout type for PDF-based print forms, or for interactive forms used in an offline scenario and not integrated in a Web Dynpro environment at runtime.

xACF layout

The Active Components Framework technology is used to integrate the form at runtime in Web Dynpro applications; ActiveX must be enabled in the browser.

Note that you can make this setting only if the layout type of your form was previously Unknown. If your form is already set to Standard or ZCI, you cannot choose xACF. You can still, however, access your old form using version management.

ZCI layout

Zero Client Installation (ZCI) technology is used to integrate the form at runtime in Web Dynpro applications. You specify this setting when you create new forms. The system enters this value automatically when you migrate old forms to ZCI. For more information, see Creating Forms for Integration with Web Dynpro and ZCI and Check and Update Functions for Zero Client Installation (ZCI).