cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio button in table column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I display a table of data. The user wants to select a row. For this, there is a column called "Select" with a radio button. The user is allowed to select only one column, but they want to do it by clicking on a radio button, not using lead selection. My problem is, that several of the radio buttons are "selected". How do I make only one radio button selectable? I want to be able to click on one radio button, and if I click on another one the first choice should be vacated.

Or if I were to use lead selection, is there an easy way to tie the radio button with the lead selection. Like, if the user selects a row, can the radio button in this row get turned on automatically?

I welcome any hints

Thanks,

Ira

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ira,

I'm not sure I understand why you would want this as lead selection should be sufficient for most selection cases. Still, one way you could use this is to embed an action hander to the OnLeadSelection event of the table. Here are my thoughts:

1. Have an attribute in the context node of type WDY_BOOLEAN or some other boolean to represent your radio button.

2. Bind the cell editor of your colum to a radio button or check box and set the value to the context attribute. You will also want to set the enabled setting to FALSE.

3. Add an action to OnLeadSelect for your table

4. Have the action handler do your button logic.

Perhaps if you give an example of the scenario for this, I'd be able to help with the solution.

Regards,

Adam