cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, I have got a few questions to ask as I am very new to Web Dynpro development.

Class, which are the classes that I will need to import and to take note of for web dynpro development? Where can I find documentations for them? I have looked, but I have only found a few of them in the SAP press book. Are there another sources or more classes?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chia

Its really easy to start Webdynpros, firstof all i sggest you to download NWDS,Help will give you all the info about since from introduction to webdynpros,how to dovelop projects to start with start simple projects available at Help

become through with all the basic tools to dovelop dynpro projects in NWDS..

Best of luck

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your advices, but I have been trying out the Web Dynpro tutorials, but I still need to know what classes and packages that I need to import right? I also need to know roughly how to use them.

For example, why do I import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tutorials.valuehelp.wdp.IPrivateMain from the valuehelp tutorial?

Or why do I import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDAttributeInfo?

I am really very lost. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Rad

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a feature in Eclipse accessible through the right click context menu. Source> organize imports and Sourc> add imports. This resolves about 95% of the classes that you need to import into your web dynpro projects.

To use the web dynpro API, you usually import the IWD* package associated with it. Look at the API, but the above mentioned Eclipse functionality will solve your problem.

The reason you import IPrivateMain is so that you can access your context variables, provided your view is named Main. If your view is named View7843, then the class to access all the context variables you have declared is IPrivateView7843.

You can look at most classes that you need through the autocomplete functionality of eclipse, this will give you possible methods and the return types, so you know which packages to import.

When I say eclipse, I mean NWDS.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an entire API for this stuff defined. My suggestion is to install Netweaver Developer Studio and go through the tutorials under SAP WebAS for Java > Development Manual > Web Dynpro.

You don't really import classes as the Dev Studio handles that by itself. You reference Development components when you define the projects, you'll find out more as you go through the tutorials. The install can be done from the SAP Netweaver installation master cds. ( Or download the sneak peak on sdn ).