cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling/Deinstalling Java Add in from BW 3.5 (BASIS 6.40)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am trying to upgrade to NW2004s in our dev box. From an earlier installation of java add-in, we have some of the j2ee folders and profile parameters left in. However, we are not using the java components in our development as well as in rest of the landscape. After the upgrade, we would like to have the usage type BI JAVA + ABAP. So, my options are as follows:

Option 1:

1. Finish the installation of Java Add-in in the current BW3.5 system.

2. Do a synchronous upgrade of ABAP+JAVA Stacks to NW2004s (BI 7.0)

Option 2:

1. Completely deinstall or uninstall Java Add-in.

2. Upgrade the ABAP Stack to 2004s/BI 7.0

3. Do a fresh install of Java Add-in+Enterprise Portal for the BI JAVA usage type.

I would like to pursue Option 2 since I can predictably and successfully upgrade the ABAP stack with ease. Once its done, Java add-in installation should be pretty painless. Also, our risk will be minimal as we don't have any JAVA components in our landscape and if the upgrade of ABAP stack is successful, we are 90% successful in our upgrade project.

So, my questions are:

1. How do I deinstall Java Add-in from my dev box. I have a vague idea of deinstalling Java Add-in, but wanted to have a definitive answer.

2. Is my approach the right one (Is the option I am choosing the right one)?

Thanks for your support.

Sri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

The approach you take is upto you.

If you haven't used your Java-addin or customized it, it would be pretty straightforward.

Instructions for deleting Java-Addin or any type of SAP instance are given in the install guide itself , download the appropriate install guide for your system from service.sap.com/instguides

Check for 'Additional Information Section', this section generally has information for removing SAP instances. You should find the Java-Addin removal steps too.

PS:

Please take a full offline backup of your SAP instance as well as filesystem full backup as a precautionary measure.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, the installation guide didn't provide the details (as is the case with most others).

Anyway, I found the note 934615 (Deleting a J2EE 6.20 Add-In Installation) which described in detail how the Add-in can be uninstalled.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers