cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do this in WebDynpro ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm new to WD ABAP, and I need to create a webdynpro with the same funcionality as the User Management Administration available in the Portal, ie:

1. AN ALV list with a search criteria: OK, created on view VLIST.

2. When the user selects one line of the ALV, it would open another view below the view VLIST, not replacing the view VLIST (as it happens when using navigation link).

3. Inside this second view, there is a tabstrip, and one of the tabs display another ALV list, with a <b>Modify</b> button. When the user clicks on <b>Modify</b>, another ALV will "appear" side by side with the first one (inside the tab), so that the user can move items from one ALV to the other (just like the role assignment in the user management administration of the portal).

Can it be done in ABAP WebDynpro? If yes, how can I do it?

Thank you very much.

Andre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for information on Web Dynpro ABAP and ALV, see the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/74/fd4142646ab46be10000000a155106/frameset.htm">documentation</a>

Regards, Heidi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I think what you are looking for is the EMPTY view.

Since a naviagtion event (fire plug) can result in multiple views being changed.

So you can have

VIEW COMBI

with 2 UI View containers

VC1

VIEW1

VC2

VIEW2

Event X can be mapped to result in

VIEW COMBI

VC1

VIEW4

VC2

VIEW5

or

VIEW COMBI

VC1

VIEW4

VC2

EMPTY VIEW

So you can controller exactly which views are visible when easily

See right click embed empty view in the WINDOW

regards

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Phil!

In fact, I have managed to achieve the result I wanted by inserting the elements of the second view inside a Tray component of my irst view, and I control its visibility through its Visible attribute.

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Heidi and Sharadha.

I have created the ALV list, and it's working OK.

My problem begins with the ON_LEAD_SELECT event from the ALV Interface Controller. I want another view to appear below the original view. I tried firing an outbound plug from my first view, but the second view replaced the first view.

Right now, I created a ViewContentUIElement, embeded my second view into it, and I'm defining programmatically its visible property to show or hide the second view. Is this the only way to do it?

Thanks!

Andre

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is completely possible..have two views on the same window..and have ALVs inside them.

Regards,

Sharadha