Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FireFighter Logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to firefighter security. Can some body ans my following questions

1.. What are the Tables in which those logs are present and what's the directory location of those logs

2. For how long logs are kept in the system before they are archived and remove from the system .What's the standard approach in the industry .

Thanks

Amit

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have suser id you can view the following documents from service market place. which are more helpful.

<a href="https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_HIER_KEY=501100035870000015092&_HIER_KEY=601100035870000206624&_HIER_KEY=701100035871000499139&_OBJECT=011000358700004383042006E&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&">Firefighter 4.0 / 5.1 for SAP – User Guide</a>

TOPICS COVERED IN THIS CHAPTER

Firefighter Table Administration

Assigning FirefightIDs to Owners

Assigning FirefightIDs to Firefighters

Assigning FirefightIDs to Controllers

Creating FirefightID Passwords

Firefighter Configuration Table

Critical Transactions Table

TOPICS COVERED IN THIS CHAPTER

Uploading and Downloading Firefighter Data Tables

Using Compliance Calibrator’s Critical Transactions Table

Downloading Firefighter Tables

Uploading Firefighter Tables

Downloading and Deleting the Log Report

Uploading the Log Report

If you have any problem regarding access or if you need the doucments I can send it you.

Cheers

Soma

0 Kudos

Thanks Soma . I have access to this guide.

Can you clarify this please

What i have been hearing is that when user access system through Firefighter ID ,it firefighter generates logs.Are the logs and Logs Report are same thing . What's the directory location of these logs .If i log into system from OS level and see them

What's the industry standard for backing up the logs from compliance prespective ?

Thanks

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically logs and logs report are different.

For example

Log means actual data

Log reports are how to view logs (logs)

I hope I am clear with logs

Regarding the Location I will update you exact information as of now I am not sure.

Cheers

Soma