cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid or Hide Java Stack Trace for WD Applications in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are implementing ESS and MSS at our place.

We have a requirement to Avoid / Hide Java Stack Trace in production system.

(For example, if a person is being processed in PA30 and at the same time, if he tries to change his personal information through ESS (in Portal) he gets a dump message.)

We want to avoid showing the short dump (java stack trace) and keep only the error message which says for example "User is locked" or "User is being processed by another user".

We went through SAP Note 962319 and made the following changes using Visual Admin Tool:

"Licensing Adapter" -> "General" -> "SystemType" ->Production

"Properties" -> "HTTP Provider" -> "DetailedErrorResponse" to "false".

But this did not solve the problem. We are still getting the Java Stack Trace. We tried to set the value to false, restart, set it again to false and again restart; but did not help.

I have a few questions which I would like to ask all the Portal guys around:

1. What additional things need to be done to make sure we don't get Java Stack Traces in the production system?

2. Is there any alternate approach which would help in our case?

3. <b>Do any one know where exactly the iView (or iFrame) which displays the Java Stack Trace is coming from? I think that the iview is generated dynamically and is displayed in portal. Please suggest...</b>

4. For an iView, we can change the property of iView "Initial State - Open or Closed" to "CLOSED" and the iView is displayed as collapsed by default. Can i use this property to hide the Java Stack Trace from showing up by default. If yes, please suggest...

Our system landscape is ERP 2004, NW 2004 SP 17, ESS 100 SP 11, MSS 100 SP 11, EP 6.0 SP 17.

I would really appreciate any kind of input regarding all of the above.

Thanks in Advance,

Vasanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasanth,

To disable the stacktrace in ESS/MSS you should set your web dynpro runtime to productive mode.

There is a web dynpro runtime parameter 'DevelopmentMode' that should be set to false. Check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/8a1a8ece230c8ce10000000a11466f/content.htm">here</a> for the procedure.

Regards,

Christophe