cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity Queued, but that's it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Starting today, the CBS is refusing to build any components - any activities that are activated remain as QUEUED. We've checked the parameters for the CBS, and everything is as it was when we initially configured the environment. For example, idleStart = false. We've also restarted the instance.

A few days ago, there were many of these messages: "Access orchestrator failure" in the CBS log. Yesterday, there were a few messages of the form: "A call to getWaitingRequestByID() was made for the request 3080 in buildspace JDI_DSIWLD_D for the node 7034050. However, the request could not be found in the list of registered requests in the access queue."

Anyone have any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd suggest opening a CSN message.

The error message is rather detailed and looks to me like some inconsistency in the CBS database. Deleting the buildspace(s) and recreating the from CMS might help but is already very aggressive.

Is it limited to specific buildspaces or does it affect the whole CBS?

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's every buildspace.

We did open a message, and the suggestion was to ensure that the hostnames to the CBS and DTR servers was fully qualified (we were using just the host names), and to do a save/restore. This seems to have fixed the problem, but one of my buildspaces is hooped - it has no DC's in it, and I can't manually import the build plugins. Ouch.

Thankfully, it's a playground track, so not a big deal, but I would still like to get it fully operational again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you cross check the "idlestart" CBS service parameter. By any chance if it got set to true. As you know it has to be set "false".

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/31/9959400d9d1059e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's false. First thing we checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the CBS WebUI and check whether the 'Request processing' for your buildspace is 'ON'. If not, select the buildspace->click 'Edit'->set it to 'ON' and save. Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Request processing is enabled for all build spaces. That's not the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

We had a similar issue, but my solution may not work for you. Still, Can you please check whether you are able to access DEV system SDM from NWDI. You can do this by going to NWDI --> Landscape configurator of the track --> runtime systems --> "View/Edit Deployment Substitution Parameters ". IF it returns the deployment parameters it means that SDM credentails are appropriate otherwise you need to cross check.

You can also try by re-starting the J2EE engine.

regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the subst. variables just fine, so the creds are ok. We've already restarted the engine, and that didn't make any difference.

I think what happened was that we did a system copy of the JDI environment in preparation for a 2004s upgrade, and something happened to cause the build system to block. What that could be is unknown at this point. We've opened an OSS note, but as to when it'll get solved, well, we'll just have to wait and see.

The real problem is that activities are not being processed, so we can't distribute code changes to other developers. That's causing issues!

Thanks for the suggestion.