cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax code T1 does not exist for jurisdiction code error in shopping basket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

We are implementing SRM server 5.5 classic mode. For some shopping baskets when we order we get the error "Tax code T1 does not exist for jurisdiction code". This happens for city and zip codes that are mapped to mulltiple jurisdiction codes. We have set the tax calculation to backend R3 system in the config. The R3 calls taxware to calculate the tax. We have also implemented the badi BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI for retrieving the right jurisdiction code from the backend system and setting it in the shopping basket. The tax is calculated correctly in the shopping basket. When we create a shopping basket and click on Check or Refresh button no errors show up. This along with some debugging told us that there was no problems with our code. The error comes when the shopping basket is ordered.

Has anybody encountered this error? Any suggestions to fix the problem will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get the answer?....we are facing similar problem....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

This error comes if your ship-to-address or goods recipient address or company code address is not from that jurisdiction code.

Let's say tax code T1 is for Canada and you are selecting company code with country code USA.

Regards,

Kamaljit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamaljit,

Thanks for your response. There are some geniune cases for which the taxware is not able to determine the jurisdiction code for the ship-to address and the taxcode. In such cases when I click on the Check button in the shopping cart I get the message "Jurisdiction code could not be determined". For these addresses I also get an error when I try to create a PO in the R3 system.

For most of the addresses for which I am having problems, firstly when I create a PO (using these ship-to addresses) I do not get an error. Also when I create a shopping basket (with the same address) I do not get an error when I click the Check button . The shopping basket fails when I click the Order button.

The message is triggered from the backend R3 system for legitimate addresses. I found a note for similar messages but the note was for SRM-Invoicing and also for a lower SRM 5.5 patch version.

Any other suggestions or comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have faced a similar issue earlier.

There is a SAP Standard Table in SRM which maintains Tax Jurisdiction codes and other details similar to the R/3 back-end. (I am not sure of the table name - but it starts with BBP* ..)

Search for the same.

You need to maintain the same contents in the SRM Table as well as the R/3 table, where you are getting the Tax Jurisdiction details .

Hope it will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

I am using SRM 5.5 and in face with the same problem you mentioned no problems with PO creation, tax calculation correctly but when I try to display and check Po the system displays a message the "Jurisdiction code coul not be determined"

Could you please explaim how did you solve the problem ?

Thanks

Nilson