cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy error. (CmdXmlFactory could not find Top Element within String: ...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Im trying to deploy a web dynpro application from my workstation to the was (6.40) on our test server. 95% of the time I get the following error message:

2005-feb-23 15:04:54 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Deploy Thread] ERROR:

WebDynpro_Quiz.ear -> Deployment aborted

DEPLOYMENT ...

==> SDM host : blofeld

==> SDM port : 50018

==> URL : file:/C:/DOCUME1/csc/LOCALS1/Temp/temp53007WebDynpro_Quiz.ear

Reason:

Filetransfer failed: Error received from server: CmdXmlFactory could not find Top Element within String: "null".

Inner exception was :

Filetransfer failed: Error received from server: CmdXmlFactory could not find Top Element within String: "null".

DEPLOYMENT ...

==> SDM host : blofeld

==> SDM port : 50018

==> URL : file:/C:/DOCUME1/csc/LOCALS1/Temp/temp53007WebDynpro_Quiz.ear

Sometimes it just works. I've tried restarting the server several times to no avail. If I run "Netweaver developer studio" (same version as on workstation) on the server and deploy locally, then there is no problem. Likewise if I export my WD project (.ear file) and deploy it using the "remoteGUI".

The problem must therefore be something in the transfer of files during deployment between my workstation and the server. My colleague has the same problem so it probably hasn't got anything to do with my workstation.

Please help. Im getting very annoyed.

Carl Schultze

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

Check this SAP Node : <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bc_cts/~form/handler">SAP Note Number: 905856</a>

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having the same problem.

How did you solve the problem?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Im trying to deploy a sdm server. i'm getting the error CmdXmlFactory could not find Top Element within String: "null",

can anybody tell me wat exactly it is?

is there ant solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there really noone who has a solution to this quite annoying problem?

/Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl

You mentioned that your colegue also getting Similar problem.

wether your server installation is local/on your workstation or remote if it is remote have you set right host and port in Netweaver doveloper studio check this first(NWDS->Window->Preferrences->J2EE Engine). If it is local your host is localhost.

It seems there is server settings problem

let me know if it is any other problem

Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've checked the server settings several times. I dont think my problem has anything to do with that since deployment works sometimes.

Thanks anyway

/Carl

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i've got the same problem. sometime it works, sometimes not. I run the WAS in a VMware-session on my host, but this can't be the problem.

As workaround, I use the RemoteSDM to deploy the archives. It's not as comfortable as deploying direct out of the NWDS but it works <b>always</b>.

kr, achim