cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Visual Composer Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me something about the release cycles for VC?

I'm especially interested when it will be possible to use VC for creating planning applications.

Thanks in advance,

Anja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have the book of Mario and we see chapter about RFC's which can be leveraged in Visual Copmser for using BI Integrated planning functions. We tried it but executing planning sequence is working fine but we could not save data to infoprovider with save function.

Are we missing something can you post or email a brief how to document just for saving data from Visual Composer.

CE 7.1 Ehp1 is handling these functionalities but it is in demo state. We need a solution for VC6 or 7.

Thanks in advance,

Ergin Öztürk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot say anything about the date of the next release of VC, but there ae today a couple of RFCs in Planning of BI that you can access. I made a very little chapter of these in the Visual Composer book:

- RSPLSSE_PLSEQ_EXECUTE

Used for executing planning functionality

- RSPLSTD_DATA_SAVE

Used for saving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

thanks for you answer.

Honestly, I thought until now, that it is not possible to use VC for planning purpose. I got this information in BI Infotag in Frankfurt in September.

So what do I have to model for using the mentioned RFCs?

Kind regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Officially, that is correct. There is no built in functionality for VC. This probably comes in the next release.

But if you know the RFCs you can to some extend use it already now. But this is not officially supported by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

I write atm on my first SDN Blog, which contains a description of how to use RFC and shows the possibilty of RFC with an example application. But with the actual release VC is very limitted to use it for planning applications. It's better to use WAD instead of VC, but you can also combine WAD with VC. A colleague and I develop a sample application, which we want to publish in the BPX Community in the next weeks. We hope that we can spare an hour of our leisure time for the blog and publishing.

Best Regards,

Marcel