cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I interpret "Hits" and "Number Hits"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running ITS 6.20(release 18).

When I go into the ITS Administration screen and look at the "Overview", I see "Hits" and "Hits/sec". Where is the data to back this up? I've looked through the various logs. The "performance" log has a column "Hits", but when I total it's column, it doesn't add up to what I see in "Overview".

As an example, right now I'm looking at the "Overview" and one ITS instance has been up for 6h05min and the value for "Hits" is 725. However when I look at the entries in "performance"(logged since the ITS instance was restarted) and count up the column "Number Hits", the total is only 18.

Which value is correct?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I wonder if the behaviour of the "hits" column in the performance log depends on the version of ITS?

In my "production" system(6.20 version 18), it doesn't look as though the values in the "Hits" column are being accumulated. i.e. the values tend to range between "0" and "5". However, in my "development" system(6.20 version 21), the values under "hits" do appear to be accumulating. i.e. they always increase and never go back to "0"(until after a restart of the ITS).

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

You shouldn't have to add up any values when checking the performance.log file. The number under the "Hits" column should be cummulative since the last restart. Furthermore the numbers in the Overview page of the ADM instance and the performance.log should be fairly similar, the only difference should be the delay in writing to the performance.log file (approx. once a minute). If there is doubt though I would rely on the performance.log file.

Edgar