cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Protection in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this question has been asked before but I've not found an answer which completely solves my problem.

I have a table node in my smartform (basis version 7.0, ERP 2005) which has several line types and a loop within it but I need all data to be page protected for one loop of the table (not the inner loop). On the table node I've marked all line types as page protected but that just seems to protect each one individually and not collectively. I've also tried putting the whole table node inside a folder but the page protection flag for the folder is disabled. I'm also using several different paragraph and line types so page protecting those within the smartstyle doesn't work either.

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Protection against page break for line types </b>

1) Double-click on your table node and choose the Table tab page.

2) Switch to the detail view by choosing the Details pushbutton.

3) Set the Protection against page break checkbox in the table for the relevant line type. Table lines that use this line type are output on

one page.

<b>Protection against page break for several table lines</b>

1) Expand the main area of your table node in the navigation tree.

2) Insert a file node for the table lines to be protected in the main area.

3) If you have already created table lines in the main area, you can put the lines that you want to protect again page break under the file

using Drag&Drop. Otherwise, create the table lines as subnodes of the file.

4) Choose the Output Options tab page of the file node and set the Page Protection option. All table lines that are in the file with the Page

Protection option set are output on one page.

Alternatively in a paragraph format use the Page protection attribute to determine whether or not to display a paragraph completely

on one page. Mark it if you want to avoid that a paragraph is split up by a page break. If on the current page (only in the main window)

there is not enough space left for the paragraph, the entire paragraph appears on the next page

Regards

Sudheer

Message was edited by:

Sudheer Junnuthula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you answer.

I have already marked all the line types as page protected but that only protects them individually and I want to make sure one complete table loop is on one page.

I have already put a folder inside the table node but the page protect flag is disabled so I can't flag it. The page protection flag on the table node is also disabled.

I am also using several different paragraph types in my table node so page protecting the paragraph type doesn't work either.

Does anyone else have an idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at the below threads

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but I've already checked these posts and they don't answer my question. Can anyone else help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i dont think there is any other way of escaping this as the data would be dynamic u cannot decide the length.

so the other way is imagine the max length of the window and declare it.this is not logically right but can solve the current requirement.