cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Server(Oracle) upgrade issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BW for performance reasons we delete Index on a cube while Data Load and re create it once the load is sucessful ...right

I am getting error

Error Msg:Index construction for InfoCube 0PE_C01 went wrong

SQL-ERROR: 439 ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Bit-mapped

indexes

while re creating the index

When i talked to our Basis and ORacle DBA consultant they replied that our Oracle which we are uising now is a standard edition in which indexing is not supported and we need to upgrade it to entriprise edition....

BUt upgrading to entriprise edition there is a risk of loosing all the developments which are done till now....in sap bw systems...

Can any one one give me detailed solution or approach on this so that i can talk to our basis people how should they proceed with out loosing any developments

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'll try to help

1) ORA-00439 indicate that there is a feature that is not installed in your daabase.

In this case "bitmaps", which is extensively used in BW systems

2) You mention that you have the "standard edition"

SAP does not deliver the "standard" edition. I think it does NOT support such edition.

I think there is a "misunderstanding" when your DBA has told you to upgrade to "enterprise"

When he indicate to upgrade to "enterprise", he is not telling you to upgrade to SAP 4.7 Enterprise, but to upgrade the oracle database from your "standard" edition to the Enterprise Edition.

As it is a DB "upgrade" no development will be lost ( the data remain as it was and new features are added to the db )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please point me in the right direction on how do I -

Upgrade Oracle 9.2 from Standard edition to Enterprise Edition.

Any doc - highly appreciated..... deepak.nemani@gmail.com

Thanx

Deepak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates...please