cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2004s SP9 Java Installation problem JCE policy archive problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got this problem. During installation, it asks me to input the JCE policy archive file. I couldn't find the JCE file from Sun Microsystems because I am using JDK1.4.2_09 and it should be already included in my JDK installation.

I tried to use ..\jre\lib\jce.jar, \jre\lib\security\java.security, \jre\lib\security\local_policy.jar but none of them succeeded.

Please help me. I will grade your answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The JCE policy is not included in your JDK.You have to download it from sunmicrosystems website.This JCE is in zipped format.Do not unzip it.Just give its path during the installation.This JCE has to kinds of jar local_policy.jar and us_export_policy.jar

Download from :http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html#docs

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please reward with points if my answer help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how? i don't see the reward points buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to give points: Mark your thread as a question while creating it. In the answers you get, you can assign the points by clicking on the stars to the left.

I think you can reward points now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Rajat Anand

Hi - I got the same problem, and the two files are part of my jdk C:\development\j2sdk1.4.2_10\jre\lib\security - ok but not as a packed file, like the one you can download from sun.

When I add the packed securtiy file, and go to the next Install-window - I receivve this error log.

ERROR 2007-04-04 16:53:50

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NSCService' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

but the key exists on my system.

do you know what effects this error?

Best regards

Rainer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos