Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Destinattions com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATI

olaf_lehmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

following error

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=nb00008610 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=M50 MSSERV=sapmsM50 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service 'sapmsM50' unknown TIME Wed Feb 23 10:18:19 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 494 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsM50' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

senario

Javasite

Javaenginee 640 ABAP+JAVA sp10

R/3

SAP ECC 5.0

we try to make a new Jco Destination from WEBAS to BACKEND R/3.

If we try to test this Jco Con. we get following error .

someone can help.

reg Olaf

Message was edited by: Olaf Lehmann

Message was edited by: Olaf Lehmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Olaf,

have a look at this thread

regards,

Kentaro

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf

This is a problem with your Message server not configured properly.

Ensure you have done the following steps :

1. In the c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\Services file ensure that you have the entry like

sapmsM50 tcp\36<SAP instance number>

---<SAP instance number> is your 2 digit number which can be found in the properties of your server in SAP logon.

2. Configure your ABAP technical system in SLD.

3. Restart your J2EE and try testing the connection.

If the above still doesnt work. Open SAP logon.

Select the R/3 system and then click on the Groups button.

In the window that appears "Enter M50" as the System id and in the Message server below enter your SAP r/3 hostname and click on Generate List. If your Message server is working fine then you should get some groups in the logon else you will get the same error.

In case of a error ask a Basis person and he should be able to set it up for you :). Let me know if you require some help in setting up the Message server too.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i just want to be clear abt one info., in your mail!

that is, u have specified sapmsM50 is M50 is your instance number or it is standard for the message server?

please consider it as a urgent and help me.

Regards,

sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

my doubt is clarified that is a instance nummber only., but now i got another problem,

at the time of maintainingn the JCO Destinations it is asking the Message server Group as PUBLIC for the message server. But in my SAP logon pad for the host we have only SPACE group, is it possible to create a PUBLIC group for the host or is there any possibility to select SPACE as my msgserver logon group. In the dropdown list box of logon Group selection we have only PUBLIC.

what steps i can take for this?

Thanks in advance,

sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha

You can add the SPACE group in the technical system you have created.

1. Log on to SLD

2. Click on the technical system you have created for SAP.

3. There you can see a option to change the groups in the technical system created. Add the Group SPACE and save

4. Go to the content administrator and try creating a JCO connection. Now you can see SPACE coming in the drop down.

Regards

NagaKishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your reply,

In SLD i didn't find any option like changing the Group from public to SPACE. Exactly where it will be? I've searched the techincal systme properties but no use..i didn't find any Groups option.

so what steps i can take to maintain the JCO connections?

Thanks & Regards,

sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Could you provide me information on setting up the message server.

Thanks

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto technical lanscape and click on the techincal system. There u will find option Message Server: with link. Click on the Message Server: link. here u will find the logon groups: with edit box. you delete the public and add space ans save . Then u can see the space instead of public in jco connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

to maintain the JCO connections. you need to log in on the portal-contentadmin-webdynpro-maintain jco connections and follow the steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Make sure that the service name is copied with the correct port number into:

c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\services file.

ex:

sapmsX01 3605/tcp