can you tell what is the architecture of Netweaver and SAP R/3 architecture

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

This SAP Netweaver is a open technology platform. In lay-man terms SAP Netweaver is a logical extension to SAP R3 with more features for enabling integration with other software products and devices available in the market.

With Netweaver there are two kinds of products which purely run on J2EE and those which can run on ABAP as well as J2EE eg:- purely J2EE product is EP and mysapERP200X runs on ABAP and can also have a Java Instance. Though absence of Java instance will not hamper the functioning of purely Abap based transactions. But then using the C-Suite of SAP products may not deliver its full functionality.

Also Sri's Link gives an insight on the technical architecture. This is predominantly common for almost all the new dimension products which is a part of so called Netweaver Suite of Products

I am not sure if i have answered ur question. Anyways, let me know if you need more details on the same.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can one connect from netweaver 2004s to R/3 version 4.7.

What is the difference between R/3 and mySap ERP?

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Compared to SAP R/3 Enterprise, mySAP ERP includes functional enhancements to support additional business processes and leverage the entire NetWeaver stack as technology and integration platform, which is the base for an ESA based architecture.

also chk out this link

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070324222608AAdySIt

regards

prasy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

check the link below and the picture is waht we generally use to teach Netweaver architecture for freshers...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/84/54953fc405330ee10000000a114084/content.htm

it shd help you too.

Reg the R/3 architecture its more over any tier 3 client server architecture and a simple search on Google shd provide u the same.

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers