Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order processing -- Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do we have Billing Plan type at both

1. Document type level

2. Item category level.

If both are maintained, which will have the priority.?

Also whats the purpose of condition type on document type configuration.?

Thanks,

Jeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeet,

If you have maintained a billing plan type at the header level then all the items which have the same billing plan type in the item category will be assigned to the header level. That means you could change data in the header billing plan and all the item billing plans which are assigned to the header will be updated. All the other billing plans which have a different billing plan type on the item have to maintained directly on the item billing plan.

Here is a further hint: it is possible to remove a item billing plan from the header billing plan. After this the item billing plan will not be updated if something change in the header billing plan.

It is also posible to assign this removed item billing plan to the header bulling plan. Prerequisite is that the billinplan type of the header and the item is the same and in the item billing plan is n o invoice date line.

I hope this information help.

Best regards, Bernd

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean condition type being included for the the PP for the sales area in transaction, OVKK?

This helps the system to automatically proposes in the double-line entry screen during sales order processing.

Regards,

Gauravjit

Reward Points if resolution is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sadhu/Gaurav, appreciate your help on this.

Unfortunately i am not able to see the buttons which i normaly use to award points.

I will circle back again to this message to check if buttons are available.

Thanks,

Jeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Having billing plan at the document level affects to all the items and applies at the header level with reference to the document.

But there can be a requirement where we want to have billing for say 2 items out of 5 items in the order to be a little differnet. In the sense may be we can have it at a different date in a different way as against the remaining items in the order. Its there to provide this flexibility at item level. This is triggered by the item category of that item.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

And whats the purpose of condition type at Ducument type leve.

Thanks,

Jeet