cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some basic NW questions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a few elementary doubts in SAP NW could you please help me solve it?

1) Where is SAP NW installed? Is it installed on WEB AS which inturn is on Application layer of R/3?

2) Where is WEB AS installed?

3) WHere are all the modules SD, MM, FI/CO installed?

4) When we buy Netweaver do we get all the components like MI, XI, EP MDM etc along with it?

5) If yes to the above, then do we have to install them or they come ready to use?

6) Could you tell me why we have common login for SD, MM, Fi/co etc modules but different logins for EP, XI, MI etc?

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

There are numerous documents from where you can fined all your answers.But i will tell you briefly :

Ans1: NW is basically an oceshtra of various components.There is a base WEB AS on top of which all other components like EP,XI,BI,MDM etc sits.There are different combinations of OS and database on which you can install NW.

WEB AS is basically the foundation on which all your NW components sits.

Ans2: WEB AS (Web application Server) consists of two types of engine.Dual stack (having both java as well as abap engine) and single stack(having java engine).As java is mentioned you need to have a jdk installed on your system

Ans3:IF you have installed R/3 system say ECC 4.7 etc .All your SD,MM,FI/CO sits on top of your R/3

Ans4:When you buy NW you have to all the softwares but license you have to procure for speacific components.For example: If you want to have XI then XI license has to be procured alond with you WebAS license.

Ans5:Yes you need to install all of these components seperately.First is your WEbAS and on top of that you install the various components according to ur requirement.

Ans6:I disagree with you here.In NW also you can have SSO (single sign on ) concept.That means a common login or single loggin for accessing all your systems.

For more information log on to:

http://help.sap.com

http://service.sap.com

Any querries related to NW feel free to ask

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajat, do i need seperate Web As for each component of NW?

Does WEBAS come along with NW?

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Web AS is only one.You do not need a seperate WebAS for each component.No components can function without a WEbAS.

But you can have a landscape having a combination of WEb AS and different components sitting on it.This is a much advance concept.

Yes when you buy NW you get WEBAS as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

plz, go thru the this link..

regds,

raj

<i>award suitable points</i>