cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common logins for SD MM etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Could you tell me why we have common login for SD, MM, Fi/co etc modules but different logins for EP, XI, MI etc?

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

>> Could you tell me why we have common login for SD, MM, Fi/co etc modules <i></i>

B'coz it is in Interegrated ERP (SAP R/3), The combination all modules is SAP. And all these modules resides in one Database and One Server.

>> <i>but different logins for EP, XI, MI etc?</i>

Now in the New dimensions of SAP is Netweaver includes these EP, XI, MI etc. ,

These each one perform individual roles. These were in individual servers and these have individual databases. So we require individual logins for these.

regards,

Ansar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD, MM, FI/CO are all ERP functional modules which are closely related and integrated because you may have to touch few modules to perform one action like creating order etc

But XI, EP etc etc are not related to each other and persons who are going to work are different and may be doing completely different work. Thats why you'll have different logins.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if SD, MM etc are part of R/3 then why do we need XI to integrate SD, MM etc with R/3?

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

you dont need to integrate R/3(SD, MM, FI. CO). they are already integrated. you integrate them with CRM or SRM or some other application using XI.

--Archana