cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to raise exception from Inbound proxy

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how can I raise an exception from inbound message interface to XI. As I have included StandardMessageFault in the inbound interface so is it not possible to raise exception for XI with help of fault message.

Scenario: There is only single asynchronous inbound message interface. If the proxy encountered any error while checking the backend functionality then I want to raise the exception for XI. As there is no outbound interface then shall I make use of fault message for sending the exception back to XI ?

Kindly help me out.

Best Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use BPM in XI and make it synchronous proxy and get back the response and trigger the alert.

--Archana

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please go through the following blog

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/01/07/how-to-raise-alerts-from-abap-proxy

cheers,

Nagesh.....

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By applying a fault message type to your inbound interface, you can raise an exception in your inbound proxy. But the fault message is not delivered back to XI, it is only visible in the monitor of the local Intergation Engine of your application system. You can use end-to-end monitor in RWB to see the fault message.

When your sender is able to request acknowledgments (an IDOC or a proxy), the inbound proxy will send back an application error ack, when you raise an exception.

Regards

Stefan

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You cant send back anything in an asynchronous scenario. Nor a response neither an exception.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

wrongly posted and Deleted

Regards,

Sudharshan