cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS 2005 performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've configured TDMS 2005 on our WAS620 test system and tried to transfer transaction data using "TRANSACTION DATA" variant..

Now the transfer is running for more 2 days..

Has any one seen this before and any recommendations on how to shorten this time ??

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Runtime of the data transfer can be between a couple of minutes to several days, depending on many things like:

- data volume

- number of parallel processes

- network performance

- database performance

Please provide some more information about the system landscape, the setup of TDMS (what's your sender/central/receiver system), the version you're using etc.

Regards,

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

For now, I've copied PROD system (WAS620 , 47 ENTERPRISE) to a robust TEST system and created another client as receiver client. So client 700 is the CENTRAL/SENDER client and 750 is the new client for RECEIVER.

The issues I have are,

Missing document links - PROD orders & reservations , errors in program VARIANTS when used the time variant..

TRUCK icon stays on even when there is no processing

DIALOG process time out when reading BIG tables (so, I've set that to 99000sec)

I've created couple of OSS messages which you may review.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Missing document links and varian errors need to be analyzed in the system.

The remaining truck icon and dialog process timeout indicate that you might not be using the latest version. Which SupportPackage level (5 is the latest) are you using and did you implement all correction notes for this SP (mentioned in note 893522)?

Do you have some consulting support from SAP to assist with the implementation?

Regards,

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick response ..

Yes.. We are at support pack leve 5 and I've applied the notes mentioned in the note..

I'm working on this on my own with little help from OSS ..

Are we entitled for any consulting support as part of the contract ? I'm not aware of this ..

I can provide you with the logon details if you would like to take a peek at the system.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The dialog work process timeout

- if in Data Selection points to missing parameters (Size Category) for the conversion objects

- if in Data Transfer points to a bad system performance, try to lower the load on the receiver system and/or reduce the number of parallel jobs writing to the database

The contract (I assume its the license) does not contain any consulting support unless explicitly statet, sorry.

Regards,

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Tranfer of data takes time, you can execute SP4 in TDMS 2005, check note 961377 & 877860

Hope it will process faster.

Thanks,

Amit Lal