cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Error -> Solution Manager: Input Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

First time installing SAP, so I have gotten past the point of being completely overwhelmed and am pressing on!

I am at the very beginning of installing the Solution Manager from the SAPinst GUI and get the following:

I come to what appears to be the first Software Package install -> Java Component SOLMAN40SR1

The SAPinst GUI appears to be looking for that Package Location and I continue to get an Input Error:

"You entered C:\

For copying a package you have to specify the source location for the requested package

SAP:J2EE-CD_SOLMAN40SR1:700:J2EE-CD:j2ee-cd.*

Specify the location which contains the right LABEL.ASC, or empty the copy input field !!"

I have tried several disks, but, can't seem to find what it's looking for.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look for a directory that has "LABEL.ASC" file which contains the text "SAP:J2EE-CD_SOLMAN40:700:J2EE-CD:j2ee-cd:*" from the Solution Manager Java DVD and assign this directory for the package location. This should solve the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is also my first shot at installing any SAP (solution manager 4.0). I was able to get by that error by leaving the copy to destination field black and selecting the LABEL.ASC on the root of the DVD. Just like most things SAP it is not clear cut or intuitive at all.

Now, i'm stuck on the step for Java Crypto. F1 help is telling me to look in the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security or $JAVA_HOME/lib/security directory but doesn't tell me what file it is requesting exactly. When I simply put those directories it just errors and says that it's not a file. (no kidding). Any idea's?

SAP needs to do a much better job at installation procedures!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kelly,

If I remember correct, you have to download the Cryptographic software from service market place and point that file.

Thanks

Prince Jose