cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find scanner configuration name - PIOS Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am trying to activate the barcode scanner of SYMBOL 9090 pocket pc. I am following the code given in the SAP help PIOS examples for scanner.

Connector conn = Connector.getInstance();

DriverInfo[] driverInfo = conn.listDrivers(ConnectionType.SCANNER);

ScannerParameters params = new ScannerParameters(driverInfo[0]);

params.setMode(ScannerParameters.WEDGE);

scannerConnection = (ScannerConnection) conn.open(params);***

I have installed the corresponding driver and connector. While executing the code following exception is thrown at line 5 (***).

"Unable to find scanner configuration name". The following is the error captured by the log file (mi/pios/log).

Mon Jan 08 15:53:29 2007

: Starting Log: [\Windows\piscsym9090.dll 1.1.8.5]

: CScanner::ScOpen

: /MI/ <,> /MI/pios/ <,> /MI/pios/log/ <,> /MI/pios/config/ <,> /MI/pios/install/ <,> /MI/pios/props/ <,> true <,> 2

: ExportObject::GetErrorDescription::Unable to find scanner configuration name

: ExportObject::Destroy

: ExportObject::~CExportObject

Am I missing something?? If any of you had come accross this kind of error, or have any idea on this, please let me know.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you try to get the DataWedge 2.0 from Symbol (at least I've enabled the Barcode Scanning for MC70 with it) http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB100417&sliceId=&di...

Best Regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Did you ever get this figured out? I've run across the same issue and have not found a solution.

Thanks,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cindy

It worked for me. Actually the driver and the connector is not properly deployed in the hand held device. I manually moved the files from PIOS folder to the respective folders as it should have been deployed. Once that was done the code for scanner worked. Please check it out. Or you can follow the procedure as said by Lalo.

It would be nice if you open a new thread.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Raj