cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Mapping Lookup API using JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have an interface that uses a JDBC lookup user defined function. Occassionally we get the following message:

<i>Problem when calling an adapter by using communication channel myJDBCLookup (Party: , Service: myJDBCdbase, Object ID: 0cdb888150ee36638cbfb100ff2e7161) XI AF API call failed. Module exception: 'Error ACK handling failed: java.lang.NullPointerException'. Cause Exception: (No information available)</i>

The only way I can duplicate this error is if I deactivate the myJDBCLookup communication channel and re-run the interface. In this case I get the same exact error. I know the commchannels were active when I ran and got the errors. Typically what I do is just restart the erred message and it runs fine.

I'm thinking I may be running into a timeout problem on the Oracle end of my call and XI is "timing out" or something like that.

My questions are:

1) whether or not XI has some timeout setting that I could increase that would hopefully mitigate this issue (I'm not an XI admin)?

2) would using a different Conflict Resolution (JDBC adapter config) or Number of Retries of Database Transaction on SQL error (JDBC Advanced adapter config) setting help?

3) Is there something altogether different I should be looking at?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your input message is not big may be u should try using direct jdbc connection rather than going through communication channel route. DId you try that before?

--Archana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog may help u on to optimize the lookup-

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/06/optimizing-lookups-in-xi

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/10/15/jdbc-adapter-execution-mode-chained-or-unchained

ALso check the Adapter Engine about time out parameters-

hope this helps,

Regards,

moorthy