cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender FTP picks up incomplete files while transfering...any clue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

After reading some posts, I understand that this problem has no complete solution yet. Am I right?

The "Msecs to wait before Modification check" advanced option, only works for NFS, not for FTP. I am using central adapter engine.

How about the Run OS Command BEFORE message processing...?? when does this OS command exactly runs ?? before mapping ?? after succesfully polling target directory?

Thanks

Matias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matias,

Run OS Command BEFORE works before the message is processed and AFTER works only after the message is processed.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was asking for a more detailed answer...specifically this: does the Run OS command BEFORE, runs:

- before the file adapter starts polling the source directory

- after file adapter found any file in the source directory

depending on the answer, I could run a shell script to "pre-rename" all files matching a condition, to ensure the poll finds them, or something like that...

Now I'm thinking that maybe it is not important...if it runs after founding a source file, those renamed files could be found by the adapter in the next cycle of the loop.

Thanks,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

generally its better idea to get the file to a intermediate directory on same machine before actually moving to the directory being polled by the XI. This way once the entire file is written then it will be moved fast inside the same machine, so u dont get this kind of problems.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana !!

Thanks. I understand the idea. And whom do you suggest should move the file once is entirely written ? a scheduled shell script ?

Thanks,

Matias.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>a scheduled shell script ?</i>

A shell script sure would be the best way to do this!

Regards

Bhavesh