cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compute additional output fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the output port of a BI query exists a functionality to compute additional output fields. But when I define such an output field and run the application I always get an application error with the mysterious message 'null'. What is the problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has this bug been fixed? We are seeing same thing and wonder if there is a fix for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already described my problem. There is always a mysterious error message in runtime when I add a computed output field at the output port of a query. I don't use any mandatory field thereby!

The functionality doesn't work whatever I do. The problem occurs with different querys and with the simplest formulas. So I suppose it must be a bug!??? Perhaps it helps you to copy the application and try yourself...

0 Kudos

I can reproduce the problem. it looks like a bug to me as well. I will contact the responsible developer.

0 Kudos

a fix to this problem will be provided in SPS12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I just realized that this is not an error message because it also appears when I don't add a computed field!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let us know what's the problem with the query. Do you use mandatory variables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get an error message now, when I select 'Add Flash debugging console' in the menu 'Tools/Options/Compiler' :

'executeNext(shift plansQueue - length:0)'

It appears in the portal beneath the application and not in the VC log. To get this message I do the following steps:

1. Look for a BI query and drag it on the workspace

2. Connect it with a start event at the input port and with a table at the output port

3. Click on the output port and add a computed output field (e.g. filled with a pure value)

4. Deploy

Then the mysterious pop-up appears!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I want to add a formula manually. The concrete formula doesn't matter because no formula works. A pure value also doesn't work. There is always the same mysterious application error message which appears in a pop-up.

I have enabled the log but there is no message in the console beneath the workspace and I don't know another log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is how you enable another log:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Enable+Log

0 Kudos

there are not enough information from your problem description. are you manually adding a field in output port, is there formula involved, what's the value of the involved formula variables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to enable the log to see more about the error message?

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Enable+Log

Can you also post the formula from the new field?