Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM50 error col

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

When i execute transaction SM50 it shows me processes status but i didnt understant Err coloum from it.if i restart (procee->restart after error->yes) will it effect the production users or server.

Please explaint it and suggest hoe to remove it.

thanks in advance.

vinnu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you can remove Err coloun from Sm50 and neither is a need.

Err Indicates how many times a work process has aborted . It doesnot effect the production users at all.It is for our understanding purpose.

If a work process aborts during its startup, the system automatically sets Restart to No. This measure protects against endless attempts to restart a process if a database system is not available, or another serious problem is affecting the system. After correcting the problem, you can change Restart to Yes so that the system starts the work processes.

Please award points if helpful

Regards,

Phani

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you can remove Err coloun from Sm50 and neither is a need.

Err Indicates how many times a work process has aborted . It doesnot effect the production users at all.It is for our understanding purpose.

If a work process aborts during its startup, the system automatically sets Restart to No. This measure protects against endless attempts to restart a process if a database system is not available, or another serious problem is affecting the system. After correcting the problem, you can change Restart to Yes so that the system starts the work processes.

Please award points if helpful

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Err denotes number of time a work process is restarted after it is stoped

if you want to remove just stop and start the server.

Samrat

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See F1 online help:

The column "Err" indicates "how many times a work process has terminated. A work process can be terminated by the administrator or due to an error."

[remark: only hard errors will terminate a work process; those errors typically result in core dumps and indicate severe kernel errors; if such errors occur try to retrieve the callstack information out of the core dump (or evaluate the ABAP runtime error information using transaction ST22) and report this information to SAP (including the exact kernel version)].

The column "Time" contains the "elapsed clock time used by a work process for the dialog step that is currently processing. A large figure may indicate that a user has locked a work process for debugging or that the work process has become hung through a programming error or system problem."

[Notice: the time a work process can be occupied by a single task is restricted; if the threshold (-> profile parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time) is exceeded, the task (but <u>not</u> the work process) is terminated; only if the termination of the task fails, the work process will also be terminated].

Regards, Wolfgang