cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer empties returnable packaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am facing with an issue regarding customer empties returns. The scenario is as below:

Scenario:

The customer provides the company with empty barrels. The company then fills the barrels and returns the filled barrels to the specific customers. Not all barrels are consumed at one go. The remaining barrels will go in the next order but there is no surety when the customer places the next order. The barrels might lie in the company premises for more than six months.

For the scenario mentioned above I will have to maintain customer specific stock at company's inventory, but I can't figure out how to customise the above scenario. The barrels which are provided by the customer cannot be considered for valuation.

Appreciate your help,

Zak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created Z transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These empty barrels have to be created as Packaging material for which material type should be "VERP".

You can create a seperate storage location for that as explained by Robert.

As far as returns are concerned,you can include the return stock from customer to the seperate stock by using movement type "453" in transaction "MB1B".

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Karan

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wich release are you running ? are you using some industry solution ?

basically you have to define a new material type like UNBW (non valuated stock) that is only managed by quantity.

You can also define a specific storage location to put the barrels into, just to define that this is a customer warehouse.

Furthermore if you are dealing with clear packing specifications you can customize the handling unit management in delivery so that when you dleiver something the packing rules pack the goods, create the barrel items in the delivery and the post the goods movement to empty the wharehouse.

Regards

Roberto Mazzali