Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Single Sign-on on BSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

(R/3 v4.7 ext set 2)

We need to implement the BSP for Personnel Cost Planning (hrhcp_planning). The BSP and related services are active. When using transaction PHCPDETL from R/3, Internet Explorer opens with a message saying that Single Sign-on is not active on the server and needs to be. The help around hrhcp_planning states that SAP recommends Single Sign-On.

Is there anyway to prevent the BSP from requiring Single Sign-On?

Alternatively what is the quickest way to get SSO up and running? What would I need to do?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please have a kind look on <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/612670">SAP Note 612670</a>.

Regards, Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Thanks Wolfgang.

We have implemented SSO using logon tickets by enabling the create and accept parameters on our R/3 server. It now comes up with a logon box and once I enter my logon details it tries to browse to the right page. The first time I did this it came with a BSP page forbidden error. Since then it comes up with a blank.

We have checked in SICF and all the required services are active. In addition we have checked note 612670 and all the requirements are met.

When running report SAPHTML_SSO_DEMO it returns success.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Ok, since SAPHTML_SSO_DEMO has passed the test, the basic requirements are fulfilled. It's now up to the application to make use of this functionality: method ENABLE_SAPSSO needs to be invoked by the application before invoking method SHOW_URL.

Some applications have provided a correction, see related notes of note 612070.

You can check whether ENABLE_SAPSSO or SHOW_URL are invoked by setting a breakpoint on them. When executing the application, both breakpoints should be reached.

Cheers, Wolfgang