cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language dependent texts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mighty Experts,

I would like to have some text on a HTML template that are language dependent.

I found this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/EN/cc/a79734d57211d3963700a0c94260a5/content.htm

It says that I can create placeholders for the texts, but I do not know how to translate them to another language.

If you now how I can do this or another way to create language dependent texts I would very much appreciate your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

in your HTML Biz code, you add something like this

<table>
    <tr>
        <td>`#SOLDTO`</td>
        <td>`SC_SOLDTO`</td>
    </tr>
</table>

Whereas your #SOLDTO is your placeholder. In SE80 the value of the placeholder is populated in the PARAMETER tab when you double-click the ITS theme you're working in. Parameter name in this case would be SOLDTO (no hash) and Value is whatever you want to display, ie "Sold-To Party".

Now I am sure there is an easier way for this, but I've just tried and you can actually log on in the language you want to translate this into and then go once again to SE80 and make the changes in there. Works for me. Don't forget to publish!

Hope this helps,

Michael Koch

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the external ITS.

We have copied the system login page to the CATW internet service. We then discovered that the texts were missing and copied the system resource files into the directory and renamed them to catw_<langu>.htrc. This solution had the draw back that the copied resource files are not part of any transport and will be copied to our Q and P systems. We could of course do this manually but it is a source for mistakes.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jesper,

Like others have mentioned above, you can create the catw_<language>.htrc in SE80, this way it can be part of the transport.

Just go to CATW and double click on the theme name in the left hand tree. You will need to logon in the language you wish to edit though.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to do that, but I can't get it to work.

Perhaps it is because the placeholders I try to change is on the HTML template login?

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jesper,

Are you using the external ITS or Integrated ITS? The standard login page for the Integrated ITS will not work like this, but for the External ITS (6.20 or below) you should be able to alter the text. A slightly easier way may be to make the changes directly on the ITS server. For the login page you can find it at ..\templates\system\dm\login.html. The associated language resource file is at ..\templates\system\dm\system_<language>.htrc.

I would advise though to copy the files you wish to alter to the pm directory and make sure that your ~runtimemode is pm in the global.srvc file.

Edgar