Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

j2se adapter

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i want to do file to file scenario using j2se adapter. j2se sender file adapter must pick the source file from my local c drive and sent to xi and again j2se reciever adapter must write the target file in my local c drive.

can anybody please tell me how many software components,technical systems and business systems i must define in sld.

thanks in advance.

praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you just need one of each. since this is test interface you dont wanna create multiple technical and business systems.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The quick and dirty solution is this:

Do not define anything in SLD, nor in IR.

In your J2SE file adapter you give a name for interface and namespace, the same interface and namespace you use in ID for routing (enter is manually without value help). Define a business service for sender and receiver (you can use the same) and a receiver communication channel of type XI where you put the URL of your local engine.

This is good enough for simple tests, but of course not inteded to do so in a production environment.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

What is your XI version? Why do say j2se adapter?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't know why you need j2se adapter but if you want to

pick up files from your local computer you can also

install an deceptranlised adapter engine on your computer

(j2ee part of WAS) and you will be able to create/configure your

channels from the integration directory (and j2se adapter does not allow doing that)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I want to install a decentralized adapter engine and use it in a XI scenario. I'm starting from scratch, my XI server has WAS 7.0 installed on it.Can u tell me which files i need to download to install the decentralized j2ee engine .I have seen many file on service market place, but i'm confused which files i need for this? Can u help me out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need only one technical system of type Third Party and one respective business system.

Then create only one software component and in that create all ur objects.

Thanks.