Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Multiple message not stopped after exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have scenario:

DB -> XI -> SAP (IDOC)

In one message from DB I am sending multiple rows which I am transforming to multiple IDOCs. Everything works fine until one of rows have an error in data. When error occur BPM process stops and is not sending rest of the rows. I would like this scenario to not break after error row and send all messages except error ones.

I tried to use exception, but it does not work the way I want - it does not sent rest of messages.

Thank You in advance for your help.

best regards

Dawid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the blogs I have given.They will address the errors.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Mapping exceptions to catch the relevant errors and you can report the rejected rows through an email or alerts using java mapping or from UDF .

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/02/23/raising-exceptions-in-sap-xi-mapping

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

Both of them are good resources to achieve the task you described.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dawid,

1. what kind of error do you mean ? mapping error ?

if it's a mapping error maybe you can catch it inside your mapping

so that it will not result in an exception and you can just

remove the incorrect IDOC from the R3 (bd87) and the rest would be

processed correctly?

2. <b>why do use use a BPM to map DB to multiple IDOCs?</b>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Have you given Quality of Service as EOIO, If yes remove that and see if its still getting stuck

regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

1. This is a mapping error. I would like to catch this error in XI if possible and not send IDOCs to SAP. But if this is the easiest way then I can force others to use this. I would also like to use Alerts to send message about this error from XI (and I can do it in BPM).

2. Is there any other way to send multiple IDOCs?